Austria vs Northern Ireland Prediction – Austria take on Northern Ireland at Ernst-Happel-Stadion (Wien) for a UEFA Nations League Match Group 3 play.
GET OUR SPORTPESA BETTING TIPS AND ANALYSIS VIA SMS OR WHATSAPP NOW BY CLICKING SPORTPESA GAMES
Austria vs Northern Ireland Prediction: Match Facts
- This UEFA Nations league campaign ha not started well for both these sides.
- Austria started their campaign with a 1-0 away loss to Bosnia and a loss here would effectively scuttle their campaign.
- Their record in 2018 in all competitions have been 4 wins and 2 losses. (LWLWWW)
- Austria have lost just one of their last 11 matches on home soil however and that was a 3-0 reverse against Brazil which would make them favorites in this game.
- Northern Ireland did not start this UEFA Nations League well.
- They were defeated 2-1 at home by Bosnia.
- Their overall record in 2018 has been 2 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses (WLLDWD)
- Their last game out was a 3-0 win vs Israel.
Austria vs Northern Ireland Prediction: H2H
- These two sides have met a total of 9 times in their History with Austria winning twice, Nothern Ireland winning 4 times and 3 draws between them.
- The last 5 meetings have been 1 Austria win, 1 draw and 3 Northern Ireland wins.
- Their last meeting was a 2-0 Austria win in a world cup qualifier on 12/10/2005
Austria vs Northern Ireland Prediction: Squads and Player News
Austria Predicted lineup: H. Lindner, A. Dragovic, S. Lainer, D. Alaba, M. Hinteregger, S. Prödl, F. Grillitsch, J. Baumgartlinger, X. Schlager, A. Schöpf, M. Arnautović
Who to watch: M. Arnautović is the leading goal scorer for Austria with 3 goals and he is ready to pace this team.
Nothern Ireland Predicted Lineup:
Goalkeepers: Michael McGovern (Norwich City); Trevor Carson (Motherwell); Bailey Peacock-Farrell (Leeds)
Defenders: Gareth McAuley (unattached); Aaron Hughes (Heart of Midlothian); Gareth McAuley (unattached); Jonny Evans (Leicester City); Craig Cathcart (Watford); Conor McLaughlin (Millwall); Paddy McNair (Middlesborough); Michael Smith (Heart of Midlothian); Jamal Lewis (Norwich City).
Midfielders: Steven Davis (Southampton); Niall McGinn (Aberdeen); Oliver Norwood (Sheffield United, loan); Corry Evans (Blackburn Rovers); Shane Ferguson (Millwall); Stuart Dallas (Leeds); George Saville (Millwall); Jordan Jones (Kilmarnock).
Forwards: Kyle Lafferty (Rangers); Josh Magennis (Bolton Wanderers); Jamie Ward (Nottingham Forest); Conor Washington (QPR); Liam Boyce (Burton Albion); Will Grigg (Wigan Athletic).
Who to watch: G. Whyte, S. Dallas, S. Davis the three goal scorers from their last friendly vs Israel should help this team win.
Why Austria will win
They are formidable at home with just 1 loss in 12 games. That loss came against Brazil who are pretty much the higher echelons of football. West Ham United striker, Marco Arnautovic, has scored four goals in his last six games for the Hammers and will be looking to find that kind of form for his country.
Why Northern Ireland will win
They pretty much dismantled the Israelis which is a stepping stone kinda match to steal a win here.
Austria vs Northern Ireland Prediction
Michael O’Neill’s boys have have just 2 wins in 8 tries on the road and have failed to score in any of their last four road games, the hosts meanwhile have one loss at home in 12 tries so we are backing the home team to win here.
Our verdict: A Home win for Austria.
|12/10/2018||Austria||Bet Analysis||Northern Ireland||1||1-0|
|12/10/2018||FC Volendam||Bet Analysis||Almere City||2-2|
|12/10/2018||Nijmegen||Bet Analysis||Eindhoven FC||0-1|
|12/10/2018||AEK Athens FC||Bet Analysis||Lamia||2-1|
|12/10/2018||Saudi Arabia||Bet Analysis||Brazil||2||0-2|
|12/10/2018||Cork City||Bet Analysis||Limerick||1||3-0|