Iceland vs Switzerland Prediction. Laugardalsvöllur stadium will be hosting Iceland vs Switzerland in the League of Nations competition.
GET OUR SPORTPESA BETTING TIPS AND ANALYSIS VIA SMS OR WHATSAPP NOW BY CLICKING SPORTPESA GAMES
Iceland vs Switzerland Prediction: Match Facts
- Iceland are in League A, Group 2 of the 2018–19 UEFA Nations League alongside Switzerland and Belgium.
- They have played 2 matches and are in position 3 in this group with 0 points.
- The hosts have played 1 match at home and lost that match to Belgium.
- The hosts have 0 wins 1 draw and 4 losses in their latest 5 matches to this event.( D L L L L )
- Their last match played was against France in a build up match played and they drew the match 2-2 away.
- So far in this competition they have scored 0 goals (for) and conceded 9 goals (against) remaining with a goal difference of -9 goals.
- Switzerland have played 2 matches are at position 2 with 3 points in League A, Group 2 of the 2018–19 UEFA Nations League Table.
- They have won 1 times, drawn 0 times and lost 1 game.
- This match will be the 2nd match played by them and away in this competition.
- In the last 5 matches the visitors have 3 losses, 1 draw and 1 win in their last five matches:- (LLWLD)
- Their last game played against Belgium they lost 2-1 at home.
- So far in this competition they have scored 0 goal for (GF), conceded 0 goals against (GA) and have remained with a goal difference (GD) of 0 goal.
Iceland vs Switzerland Prediction: H2H
- Their has been 9 meetings in the past between Iceland and Switzerland and Switzerland have won all the 9 matches.
- In the last 5 meetings between the two teams Switzerland have won 4 and drawn 1 match.
- The most recent was in the reverse fixture of this match that Switzerland won 6-0 at home this year.
Iceland vs Switzerland Prediction : Players News And Squads
ICELAND PREDICTED LINEUP:Goalkeeper: Hannes Halldorsson Defenders: Birkir Saevarsson, Kari Arnason, Ragnar Sigurdsson, Hordur Magnusson Midfielders: K. Árnason, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Emil Hallfredsson, Birkir Bjarnason Forwards: Alfred Finnbogason, Jon Dadi Bodvarsson
WHO TO WATCH: Gylfi Sigurdsson is a class above the rest in this side with vast experience in the English premier league playing for the likes of Tottenham and Everton.
SWITZERLAND PREDICTED LINEUP: 1 Yann Sommer, 22 Fabian Schär 20, Johan Djourou
5 Manuel Akanji, , 17 Denis Zakaria, 10 Granit Xhaka, 8 Remo Freuler
13 Ricardo Rodríguez 23 Xherdan Shaqiri 19 Mario Gavranovic
WHO TO WATCH: Granit Xhaka – The Arsenal based Mid fielder has been honored with the captaincy in this match up in the absence of Arsenal teammate, Stephan Lichtsteiner.
Why Iceland will win
Iceland are without a win in their last 12 official matches but they will take heart wit htheuir recent improved form that saw them nearly beating France away from home and playing at home should give them an opportunity to revenge the thrashing.
Why Switzerland will win
Switzerland thrashed today’s hosts 6-0 win at St Gallen and that really sets them up for this clash as they have remained unbeaten against them in all past H2H matches.
The visitors have bossed the proceedings of the past meetings between the two nations winning 9 matches in 9 H2H and Certainly gives them a psychological boost in this event.
Iceland vs Switzerland Prediction
Iceland did show some quality going forwad in their recent math against world champions France but their defensive lapses were there to be seen as they considered two goals Late in that match and we think that will be their major undoing this match. ,
Our Verdict; An away win for Switzerland.
|15/10/2018||Iceland||Bet Analysis||Switzerland||OVER 1.5||2-1|
|15/10/2018||Bosnia & Herzegovina||Bet Analysis||Northern Ireland||1||2-0|
|15/10/2018||Luxembourg||Bet Analysis||San Marino||1||3-0|
|15/10/2018||Medea||Bet Analysis||ES Setif||2-2|
|15/10/2018||MC Alger||Bet Analysis||Constantine||2-1|
|15/10/2018||Jong PSV||Bet Analysis||Jong Ajax||OVER 1.5||2-1|