Southampton vs Watford Prediction – St. Mary’s Stadium will be a buzz this weekend when the saints play hosts to a Watford side looking for redemption from their past loss to a straggler.
Southampton vs Watford Prediction : Match Facts
- Southampton having played 11 matches are at position 17 with 7 points in the 2018-19 English premier league.
- They have won 1 times drawn 4 and lost 6 matches.
- They have played 5 matches at home resulting in 3 losses and 2 draws.
- In their last 5 recent matches they have won 0 times, drawn 2 time and lost 3 (LDDLL)
- The last game they played was against League Leaders Manchester City where they were thumped 1-6 on an away match..
- So far in this season they have scored 7 goals ( GF) conceded 20 goals (GA) remaining with a goal difference of -14 goals. (GD).
- Watford having played 11 matches are at position 8 with 19 points in the 2018-19 English premier league
- They have won 6 times, drawn 1 and lost 4 games.
- The guests have won 1 times drawn 1 and lost 3 in their overall 5 matches played away.
- The last game they played was against Newcastle United where they lost 1-0 in a home game.
- So far this season they have scored 16 goals ( GF), conceded 13 goals (GA) remaining with a goal difference of +3 goals (GD).
Southampton vs Watford Prediction: H2H
- The two teams have met a total of 30 times with Southampton recording 11 wins while Watford has 11 wins and 8 draws for both teams.
- Their last 5 meetings have been 2 wins for Southampton, 1 win for Watford and a draw between them.
- The most recent match between the two sides was played on 27/01/18 in last season’s FA Cup 2017/2018 and the result was a 1-0 win for Southampton
Southampton vs Watford Prediction: Player News And Squad’s
Southampton predicted Starting Line up: A. McCarthy, W. Hoedt, R. Bertrand, N. Redmond, M. Lemina, Cédric Soares, D. Ings, P. Højbjerg, J. Vestergaard, M. Elyounoussi, S. Long,
Who to Watch: With 4 goals, D. Ings should be the man to watch in this match because he could change the outcome of this game.
Watford Predicted Starting Line up: B. Foster, A. Doucouré, E. Capoue, C. Cathcart, R. Pereyra, W. Hughes, J. Holebas, T. Deeney, C. Kabasele, A. Gray, D. Janmaat
Who to Watch: R. Pereyra – The 27 year old Argentinian has 5 goals to pace his and should be available for this match up
Why Southampton Will Win
The saints need to turn their season around or they are destined for relegation. Catching a Watford side that is reeling from an embarrassing loss to relegation bound Newcastle might just be the spark that they need to do that.
Why Watford Will Win
Watford needs a rebound game to prove that that loss to Newcastle was a fluke, Beating a struggling saints side on the road could be a statement win that this team needs.
Southampton vs Watford Prediction
Southampton have really struggled in the first third of the season with just a single win and a major thumping in their last game out against Manchester city, we cant see how Mark Hughes can motivate his boys to a win here.
Watford has more losses (3) than wins (2) on the road this season, losses to Tottenham, Arsenal and Newcastle as well as wins to Wolverhampton and Reading shows that this team wins the games they are supposed to win and Losses the games they lose.
At this point in the contest, I am more inclined to believe that the loss to Newcastle could be more of a flare than a trend and until they prove me otherwise, I will take their record over weaker opponent and give them this win.
Our verdict: An Away win for Watford or a draw.
|10-11-2018||DUNDEE FC||Bet Analysis||ST. MIRREN||1-1|
|10-11-2018||NOTTINGHAM||Bet Analysis||STOKE CITY||0-0|
|10-11-2018||WEST BROMWICH||Bet Analysis||LEEDS||x||4-1|
|10-11-2018||NACIONAL MADEIRA||Bet Analysis||CS MARITIMO||1-0|
|11-11-2018||RUBIN KAZAN||Bet Analysis||LOKOMOTIV MOSCOW||2|
|11-11-2018||CSKA MOSCOW||Bet Analysis||ZENIT ST PETERSBURG||2|
|11-11-2018||EINTRACHT FRANKFURT||Bet Analysis||SCHALKE 04|